TERMS & CONDITIONS
STANDARD RENTAL RATES INCLUDE:
- Choice of limited and unlimited kilometers
- Standard insurance cover
- Full gas bottles
- Roadside assistance
- Airport transfers
- Travel pack including maps, books and relevant information
- All applicable taxes
- Introduction to the vehicle and equipment
- Complete self-contained camper with all necessary equipment
OPTIONAL ADDITIONAL SERVICES:
- Shopping service prior to arrival
- Route planning and booking assistance
- Additional insurance options (see rental quotation or rate chart for additional insurance options)
MINIMUM RENTAL DURATION AND COSTINGS:
- Minimum rental period is 3 days in South Africa and 6 days outside of South Africa at any of the collection points listed below.
- The time period is calculated in days and will include the day of pick up and drop off as full days irrespective of the time collected or returned.
- On vehicles without camp equipment days are calculated on a 24-hour period from the collection time.
- No refunds are applicable for early returns unless arranged in advance and agreed by Bushlore.
BOOKING DEPOSITS AND PAYMENT TERMS:
- 1. A 15% booking deposit is required to confirm a rental, the balance of the full rental is payable prior to or at vehicle collection/handover.
- 08H00 TO 17H00 Monday to Friday, Saturday from 08h30 TO 13H30
- Deliveries and collections are included from Monday to Saturday during normal office hours, after hours, on Sundays or public holidays there will be a delivery fee of R350.00 per vehicle/airport transfer.
- Mobile contact numbers are available 24 hours, 7 days a week.
- South Africa : Johannesburg and Cape Town
- Botswana : Kasane or Maun (depo only, delivery fees applicable)
- Namibia : Windhoek (depo only, delivery fees applicable)
- Zambia : handovers can be effected from Livingston and Lusaka
Recommended collection and delivery locations: Johannesburg, Cape Town, Windhoek and Kasane
ONE WAY DROP OFF AND DELIVERY FEES:
- JHB TO CT : ZAR2700.00
- CT TO CT : ZAR1200.00
- JHB TO WDH : ZAR3600.00
- Others on application
CROSS BORDER / DEPO SURCHARGES:
WINDHOEK TO WINDHOEK : R4200.00
- The Hirer acknowledges that he is aware of the purpose for which the vehicle was designed, as well as all safety and maintenance procedures. The Hirer is responsible to look after and maintain the vehicle during use and to return the vehicle clean and in good order, fair wear and tear accepted.
- 2. In the event of the motorhome or any of its belongings being lost or damaged during the rental period, the Hirer shall be liable to cover the cost of replacement or repair and to make good on any shortages or damages to the motorhome.
REPAIRS AND MECHANICAL FAILURES:
- Repairs of up to R1000.00 can be effected without prior authorization. On higher amounts prior authorization is required from Bushlore.
- In most cases vehicles are still covered under the new vehicle manufacturers warranty and their warranty conditions will apply where mechanical failures occur. It is important to remember that Bushlore is not the manufacturer of the vehicle or equipment but will do its utmost to select and offer the best and most recommended vehicles and equipment.
- Where serious mechanical failures occur due to standard wear and tear and which cannot be repaired timeosly a replacement vehicle will be supplied.
- Recovery time will in most cases be dependant on vehicle position and not Bushlore reaction time. In these cases we act as soon as reported and will look for quickest solution. In most cases replacement vehicle or repair will be within a 24 hour period
COLLISION DAMAGES AND ACCIDENTS:
- All accidents must be reported to the local police within 24 hours and a written police report or case number will be required.
- Where collision damages render a vehicle unusable, a replacement vehicle can be supplied by Bushlore if available but all costs are for the expense of the Hirer.
- The hirer is responsible for the return of the damaged vehicle to the original office if outside of the countries of South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Swaziland or Lesotho.
- No refund will be given for lost days due to collision damages.
- Should the Hirer continue with a new replacement vehicle then a new rental contract and insurance conditions will apply.
- Standard Insurance cover, which covers 95% of the vehicle’s value, is included on all vehicles and in all rates quoted. This is not full cover and an excess is applicable, the monetary value of which depends on the vehicle category. An amount of ZAR27500.00 is the standard excess on the 4 berth and 6 berth motorhomes.
- Insurance cover is valid in the following countries; South Africa, Botswana, Swaziland, Lesotho and Namibia.
- Third party cover : the standard insurance cover includes third party cover for RSA, Namibia, Botswana, Swaziland and Lesotho only. Third party cover for any other country must be purchased at the port of entry.
- Additional insurance cover is available at additional cost which offers reduced excess for both collision and theft damages. The cost of the collision damage waiver (CDW) and theft loss waiver (TLW) will vary depending on the vehicle category but the breakdown below will apply for most models.
- Insurance options
- CDW1 – R130.00 per day reduces excess to ZAR10000.00
- CDW2 – R180.00 per day reduces excess to ZAR5000.00 (8 days or longer)
- CDW3 – R220.00 per day reduces excess to nil (15 days or longer)
- The Bushlore Motorhomes are allowed on all bitumen/tar and good gravel roads in South Africa, Botswana and Namibia. Many of the roads in Namibia and Botswana are not suitable for the use of motorhomes and none of the national parks or tracks in Botswana are accessable by Motorhomes. No sandy tracks, heavily corregated gravel roads or tracks should be driven in the motorhome vehicles.
CROSS BORDER SURCHARGES:
- 1. A once off cross-border surcharge is applicable when leaving South African borders. This is a once off charge irrespective of how many borders are crossed. See the applicable fees below.
- ZAR1000.00 fee is applicable for the countries of Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Zambia, and Mozambique. If the vehicles are collected in a neighboring country and no borders are crossed then the cross border fee is not applicable but only the delivery surcharges as listed previously. As an example if the vehicle is collected and dropped off in Namibia and no borders are crossed then no cross border fee is applicable. Only the Windhoek surcharge is payable.
- Multiple rentals can be combined to qualify for a longer rental rate.
CHANGE OF VEHICLE:
- If for reasons beyond our control, the reserved vehicle is not available, Bushlore reserve the right to substitute the vehicle with another vehicle in the same category or in a higher category. This shall not constitute a breach of contract or entitle the hirer to a refund.
- In the event of a rental having to be cancelled, the following refund rates are applicable.
60 days or more notice : deposit/full rental refunded less 20% handling fee
30 – 60 days : booking deposit is not refundable. If total rental has been paid the balance less the deposit will be refunded.
Less than 30 days notice : No refund on booking deposit or full rental. 100% cancellation fee
- The hirer is fully responsible for any damage or related costs to the Bushlore vehicle or third party if;
The terms of the rental contract are breached.
- Damage to the vehicle or equipment caused by careless or reckless driving.
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Water submersion or salt-water damage.
- If the vehicle is abandoned and no contact is made by the Hirer to Bushlore.
- Driving on restricted or closed roads.
Rates and conditions may be subject to change without notice. All information may be subject to change and all measurements and volumes shown are approximate.